In the eco home online course we will cover a detailed construction of two types of low cost domes.
1. One with a rammed earth technique as per Cal Earth training I have received. I have constructed 2 domes (one having 3 rooms weaved into it) as well as very complex eco machine with 10 geometrical cavities. I have also utilised 2500 metres of sandbag in terraces and wetland construction. I have also completed a 54 metre flood barrier wall that holds 20000 litres of water.
2. The second dome technique will be taught utilises air crete bricks. We will make our own air crete with a simple low cost “little green dragon” that can be purchased from domegaia website. We will construct shapes that are used for window and door installations.
In this course we will explore 3 ways of growing food.
1. Starting from the smallest of spaces on balconies or patios and even indoor. I will present to you my friend Natalie who has perfected container growing utilising green grass clippings and kitchen waste to turn them rapidly into highly delicious and nutritious soil utilising tiger red worms.
2. Then we will go into practical application of growing vegetables and strawberries “ Grow Bio Intensive Method” by John Jeavons . Here we will cover two ways of making compost including the super fast and hot method of composting that will turn all of your garden waste combined with food scraps including meat, citrus, onions and fats into readymade delicious, smell free compost within 17 days!
3. On the third module of food forest we will go into practicalities with topics such as preparation and converting grass to ground cover, planting, mulching, seasonal maintenance, ow to growing your own plants